The Humanities for the Public Good Initiative offers grant and award opportunities for UNC students and faculty in the College of Arts & Sciences who are committed to advancing the public humanities. These grants and recognize scholars and teachers whose work promotes the initiative’s three major goals: employing new educational models, integrating digital approaches into research and teaching, and expanding engagement with diverse communities beyond the academy. We welcome applications from faculty and graduate students for new projects or to support ongoing public humanities efforts.
Full grant details, eligibility criteria, and application instructions can be found on the individual page for each grant. Decisions regarding these annual awards will be made by the Initiative Director and Steering Committee.
- Humanities for the Public Good Graduate Fellowships
- Critical Issues Project Fund
- Faculty Engagement Awards
- Beyond the Campus Program Fund
- Humanities Futures Undergrad Program
- Humanities Professional Pathways (Summer Program)